Everyone loves a good old fashioned trail mix. They are a delightfully addictive mixture of salty and sweet and a variety of textures. I don’t usually like to eat peanuts, but all of the supporting flavors in this really make them really come to life. This is one of my favorite recipes and can be made by swapping the peanuts for Almonds if you don’t like peanuts. You can also play with the types of fruit you put in it if you like, but this is my classic go-to recipe.
Just the right amount of sweet and salty for all ages.
5-6 Cups of Trail mix
- 1/4 Cup Pepitas (roasted, shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 Cup Dried Blueberries (I dried my own in the dehydrator, yum! they are more flavorful)
- 1/4 Cup Honey Roasted Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries and/or Dried Cherries
- 1 -1 1/2 Cups Dark Chocolate M&Ms (add as much or as little as you like)
- 1 Cup Honey Roasted Peanuts
- 1 Cup Dry Roasted Peanuts
- Measure out all ingredients into an air-tight container. (I use something like one of these flip top cereal containers)
- Close lid tightly and shake for 1-2 minutes, so that the coating on the nuts gets crushed up enough to powder coat everything else. (you don’t have to shake hard, just for about a minute or until you think it is ready, try a handful, and if it doesn’t taste like it is mixed well enough, give it a bit more of a go)
- Enjoy and watch it disappear.